Cartridge & Toner Care Tips
1. Always store inkjet cartridges in the upright position. Ink in color cartridges will begin to mix if left on their side and damage the cartridge.
2. Never expose inkjet cartridges to excessive cold, heat or humidity. Always store inkjet cartridges at room temperature.
3. Do not remove inkjet cartridges from their packaging until you are ready to install them into your printer. Prolonged exposure to the air can impact the performance of the cartridge.
4. Remove the protective clip and blue static tape before inserting into the printer.
5. Do not touch the electrical components or metal strip of the cartridge.
6. Always run a test page when installing a new cartridge, or a cartridge that has not been used recently, to allow the ink to settle.
7. When you notice the ink beginning to run low, replace your cartridge immediately. Always maintain a replacement cartridge on hand. Excessive use of a near empty print cartridge can damage the cartridge.
8. Once you remove an empty cartridge from your printer, replace the protective clip to prevent damage.
9. Return the empty cartridge to Cartridges Unlimited for your discounted new Inkjet cartridge.
10. Most toner cartridges have a one year shelf life, it is best to use these before then.